Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Impact of Movement

Another reason I chose to go into the physical education was because of the impact that physical activity has had on my life. As a child, my mother could not convince me to go to school unless she promised me that I had PE class that day. If she made the mistake of telling me that it was one of the days of the week that I did not have PE class then boy did she have her hands full trying to get me on that bus to get my butt to school that day.

Needless to say I was not one of those kids who could sit at a desk all day long without going crazy, and usually recess just wasn’t enough. I wanted to go to PE class.

In elementary school my PE teacher was amazing. She always had a big smile on her face, and had from what I could remember the most fun games in the whole world. What I would give to have some of her lesson plans for my future reference.

With that said, another reason I chose to be a physical education teacher was because of the impact that physical activity has had on my life. I can honestly say that there is nothing I enjoy more than the successful out of breath feeling that I achieve only when I am playing one of my favorite sports. I want to share this passion of mine with others and I feel that being a physical education teacher is my best chance at doing this; much like my elementary physical education teacher shared her passion for physical activity and movement with me.

I want to be that teacher that all the students cannot wait to get to my class because it is the high light of their day like it was for me as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment