Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Physical Activity Builds Confidence

Confidence is defined as “self assurance or a belief in your ability to succeed.”

Physical activity builds confidence. It is plain and simple. This a major point that we need to make when teaching our students about the importance of physical activity, and the importance of living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

This confidence comes from feeling good about you. I know that exercise releases endorphins which also make us happy, which does help with the confidence building, don’t get me wrong. But I believe that the better you feel about yourself helps to build confidence in yourself. It also helps with your confidence when you are in better shape and know that you look fit and healthy. Everyone feels better about themselves when they look in the mirror and are proud and satisfied at what they see looking back at them.

I know for a fact that on days when I put in a good workout that I feel so much better about myself then on days when I slack and/ or don’t put in a workout at all.

I also believe it is a confidence booster when you are able to physically accomplish something that you were not able to complete before, and you know that you put in the time and effort to get yourself to that point that you could accomplish what you set out to do. Successfulness brings confidence with it.

Exercise no matter what type you are participating in will help to build confidence in yourself and your abilities in the gym, but it will also carry over into other aspects of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment