Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's all in our heads!

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right

I love this quote. If you could not tell by my earlier posts, I bet you can tell by now that I love finding good quotes that I can relate to.

This one I feel almost all teachers and even students can relate to. I know that as a college student, when I feel that I cannot do something most of the time actually ninety-nine percent of the time it is true. It is true because I go into it with the mindset that I cannot do it and it is almost like I am setting myself up for failure. For example, when I go into a test and I have not prepared myself for the material that is going to be covered then I believe that I cannot do well on that test, and that usually matches my outcome on that test.

On the other hand when I go into a new game or activity and I feel that is will be easy, nine times out of ten it will be easy for me. Also if I go into a competition and I feel that I can be successful, I believe that most of the time I am very successful, because I believe in myself.

As a future teacher I feel that knowing if students are going into an activity with the mindset that they cannot do it then you can predict that they are going to fail. By knowing this we can try to prevent students from having this mindset. We can do our best with having an influence on setting our students up for success before they even begin a certain skill, activity, or game.

Moral of the story, believe in yourself, make your students believe in themselves and success will come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment