Here is a fun modified way to teach balancing to younger children:
Equipment: bean bags, tennis racket, tennis ball, Frisbee
1. Have the students balance bean bags on their bodies and see what they can do with their bodies without dropping the bean bag. For example have the students try to sit down, stand up, walk around, spin in a circle, hop on one foot, switch feet and jump.
2. Start with their head, and then try their shoulders, and then their arms, all while trying to do the various moves without dropping the bean bag.
1. Can add more bean bags if this is too easy for your students.
2. Can switch up what equipment you are using with your students. For example try using a tennis racket and have the students try to balance a ball on the rackets and go through the various moves you did with the bean bag
3. Also have the students balance a Frisbee on their hands while going through various balancing movements.